The Happy and the Unhappy Mugs

Let me share this write-up originally posted on another blogging platform. 
I decided to edit and make a re-post. 
Perhaps a personal reminder  for me to appreciate and enjoy the day!
the two mugs

There goes my mugs. I just noticed them while preparing to work today. And guess what?  They’ve been whispering conflicting thoughts to me this morning.

The unhappy mug expects another day of work. With so much to accomplish, the day could be another drag. There'll be  a lot of sighing and frowning. He’s always not in the mood because he knows that unfavorable circumstances might arise again (and again).

On the other hand, the second mug looks pretty cheerful. Well, he decided to fix a smile on his face. He’s looking at the brighter side. Whether overwhelmed by work  or not, he simply enjoy the day. Maybe he’s in denial  but it seems that things are working in his favor. He has mastered the art of being hopeful. (and I envy him!)

Anyway, my day today  could be a blend of both. There’ll be joys and worries too. Nevertheless, I should keep the happy mug by my side. Better take a sip often and be reminded that the right attitude towards everything plays a vital part.

By the way let me introduce you to my third mug, the laughing mug. 
the laughing mug
Have a wonderful weekend, folks!

15 comments:

fiel-kun said...

ang cute ng mga mugs!

naku tama kayo jan, dapat stay positive lang palagi. stay from all sorts of negativity para maging masaya ang araw and best of all, smile and laugh din pag may time :)

Amanda Bilson said...

Great post. For me the 'Happy Mug' is always the best choice. We are as happy as we make up our minds up to be. It is always better to think positively, even when things don't go our way. Thanks for sharing.

Ric said...

Thanks too Amanda and fiel-kun! Have a nice weekend!

Joy said...

Ka cute naman ng.mga mugs:) the message made me smile. Thanks brother. You always brightens my day with your post. Hope I can meet you one day:)

MEcoy said...

well, oks na oks ang life kung sisimulan ng may ngiti at puno ng positivity,
pero we must admit minsan mahirap i maintain ung positivity pero aun through prayers na lang siguro

Balqis DBJ said...

Loved your line,"He has mastered the art of being hopeful." In whatever difficult situations we're in, we shouldn't lose that. Thanks for the positive thought.

Your mugs remind us of two sides of life. :)

Aunt Mary said...

Sooooo cute post, I loved the happy mug it is saying smile please :)

Rix said...

ang negative vibes sa opisina lagi nagkakalat pero minsan kung tatawan mo yang parang di mo namalayan natapos na pala ang shift mo nng di mo a masyado naintindi :D

Michelle said...

Today doesn't seem to be my day and I'm not in the mood. Well, the happy mug reminds be that I need to be positive even though it's really a bad day. I hope you doing fine.

Wish you a lovely weekend :-)

Invest-Friends said...

I would like to be a happy mug, that will give cheers to others.

Senyor Iskwater said...

gusto ko rin ng ganyang mga mugs... ipakilala mo naman ako sa kanila in person...

Ric said...

yes, Senyor, the happy, unhappy and the laughing mugs...thanks for the visit!

Phioxee said...

hay! I need that cheerful and laughing mug.naka buhay pag super busy at super kakainis yung day sa work

Michelle said...

Stopping by to wish you a very lovely weekend :-)

Unknown said...

I wanna have that cheerful mug so that it keeps on inspiring me daily.LOL